Techshady | Searching for a method to Import Excel Contacts to Outlook? Then, you landed on the right platform. In this article we provide you with amazing methods to import Excel files into Outlook.
When users have a huge number of contacts then they generate their contacts list in an Excel file for future preference. Therefore, the contact list can be imported into the contacts folder of the Outlook application which is far better than creating every contact individually in Outlook.
So, these are the reasons why many users are looking for a direct method to export Excel contacts to Outlook. There we are going to discuss two methods to complete the task which are: Manual and Automated methods.
Let’s start one by one for importing single or multiple Excel contacts to Outlook using these two methods.
Also Read: How to Import Contacts From Excel to Blackberry?
Two Methods to Export Contacts to Outlook
As above we set that there are two methods to do this process. So, follow these two methods to perform your task in an easy and simple manner:-
- Manual Method
- Automated Solution (Expert Recommended)
Let us know more about the same in the below section in detail.
Manual Method For Importing Excel Contacts to Outlook
If you want to import multiple contacts into Outlook. So, it is not possible through manual methods because it can only import contacts one by one which takes a lot of time and user efforts. If you want then follow the below two steps first Save your Excel workbook as a .csv file and then, Import your Contacts to Outlook. Let us start the process:-
Step 1: Save Your Excel Workbook As a .csv File
Outlook can import comma separated value (.csv) files, but not workbooks with the multiple sheets, so step 1 is saving your Excel workbooks as a .csv file.
- Firstly, your workbook, click the worksheet with the contact information you want to import.
- Now, click on File >> Save As
- Choose where you want to save your file
- After that, Save as type box, choose CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv), and hit to Save
- Excel tells you “The selected file type does not contain workbooks that contain multiple sheets.” So, it refers to a limitation of the CSV file; nothing will happen to your original workbook (the .xlsx file)
- Click on OK
- Now, click on Yes to have Excel save the current worksheets as a CSV file. The original workbook (the .xlsx file) closes
- At the end Close the CSV file. And, you down with Excel. Now, you can start the import process in Outlook.
Step 2: Import Your Contacts to Outlook
Note: If you’re importing the .csv file into an Outlook.com account or another Exchange ActiveSync account) in Outlook 2013, then see Import contacts into an Outlook.com account.
- Firstly, at the top of your Outlook ribbon, choose File.
- This is what the ribbon looks like in Outlook 2016
- Now, choose Open & Export > Import/ Export
- To create your Outlook pst file, choose File, and choose Open and Export then Import/Export
- Choose Import from another program or file. And, hit on Next
- After that, click on Import and Export Wizard
Tip: If you are prompted to enter a password and you haven’t set a password. Then, click on Cancel to move to the next window.
- Now, choose Comma Separated Values and click on Next
- Browse, to the .csv file which you want to import
- In Under Options, choose whether to replace duplicates (existing contacts), create duplicate contacts, or not import duplicates
- After that, click Next and choose the desired location for your contacts. Contacts should be selected by default, but it’s not, scroll up or down until you find it. You can also choose a different folder, or create a new one
- Click Next
- To make sure that check box to Import “MyContacts.csv” (assuming that your file name) is selected
- At the end, Don’t click Finish yet, because you’ll need to “map” some of the columns in your CSV file to the contact fields in Outlook. Mapping will help the imported contacts turn out just the way you want.
So, this is how we perform the manual method which takes a lot of time. And, it is a very lengthy process for non-technical users. But, don’t need to worry, you can use our software for the same which is easy & has simple steps.
Import Multiple Excel Contacts Into Outlook – Automated Solution
As above we learn that manual methods are not suitable to import multiple contacts and consume a lot of users’ time & efforts. So, use the Best Excel to Outlook Converter Software to import a huge number of Excel contacts into Outlook without any trouble. This software allows users to import multiple Excel contacts into Outlook without installing any other application.
Therefore, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this tool for any kind of problem. It also provides 100% guarantee to maintain the user data integrity. This software has a user-friendly interface for any type of user. So, we just suggest you to use our automated software for an easy and quick process.
Now, after understanding what software. Let us move towards its working steps which is mentioned in the below section.
Working Process Explained For the Software
Follow these steps to import multiple Excel contacts into Outlook using software.
1. Launch and run the software and click on Browse to load the Excel File.
2. Now, Preview of all fields of the files which you have loaded and click Next
3. To map the Excel fields with the Outlook attributes and hit on the Next button
4. Choose options to allows the software to import duplicate contacts, contacts with an empty email address, and create a distribution list
To check the output, download MS Outlook on your system where you can see the distribution list that you have created. To further check its details, click on the file to view it.
In this article, we have discussed how to Import Excel contacts to Outlook? Here we have explained two methods which are manual & automated methods. The manual method is lengthy and a confusing process for non-technical users. Because to perform manually users have a technical knowledge which is necessary for manual methods.
But, don’t need to worry, we suggest an expert recommended automated software which makes the process easy and simple without facing any hassle. And, there is no need to have the technical skills to use the tool. It supports both technical and non-technical users. So, choose which is one best for & your problems.