How To Install GTA 5 Mods
Since GTA 5’s release in 2013, hundreds of thousands of modifications were created to support the game. The mod community is among the most dedicated gamers and that’s the case to the latest Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most popular release to date, it’s understandable that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support.
One of the biggest issues that gamers face when playing mods is figuring out how to install and download them to ensure they function in game. It can be a bit confusing for those who may not be the best at technology. Additionally, there’s the problem of figuring out what changes to put in place in 2022 nearly 9 years since the game initially launched. Below, players can find exactly how to download the mods within GTA V and which ones they should first consider installing.
Tool’s For Mods in GTA 5
Before players know what mods they need to install, they must be aware of the best way to download the mods. It’s important to know that players are only able to use mods when playing in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods in GTA Online. If players try to join GTA Online with mods enabled they’ll be at risk of being banned.
There are a variety of steps involved in downloading mods to GTA V. The first step is described below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Start the download on your browser, and then follow the installation instructions the application provides.
- Once the installation is completed, open OpenIV and choose Windows in the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA 5 (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue, then press the Tools box at in the upper taskbar on OpenIV
- Choose ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. If you are prompted, select Yes.
Downloading Mods in GTA 5
What this procedure gives players is an opportunity for downloading and managing their GTA V mods. The players can launch the OpenIV application at any time to review how their mods are doing, deinstall the mods, or change their settings. The next step in the process is to locate physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Go to: informatics commerce
- Select a mod you want to download. You can pick a particular type of mod on the site
- Once a mode is selected Click on the box and then click on the green Download button.
- Certain mods will download a .rar extension file into your internet browser. Other mods will direct you to an Github page that will show the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require another program for opening it like 7-Zip File Management. Which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store
- When you have opened the .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document which can be opened using Notepad. It will provide you with instructions on how to download the mod
- If a mod is listed on the Github page and you want to download the most current version, you must download. The mod will be downloaded in a zip file which you must extract into a different folder on your computer.
- After you have extracted the files After the files have been extracted, copy or paste it in the Mods folder in the computer’s GTA V game directory. This is the exact directory you specified in the file path of the OpenIV application.
- Then, launch GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of the file in your GTA V directory or followed the directions for the .rar file
Installing Mods in GTA V
This process is not limited to the general mods accessible for download, there’s also mods that utilize scripts. This requires a different mod, called Script Hook for it to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and extract the contents to another file on your computer.
- Cut and copy the contents of the file in the GTA 5 game directories. GTA V, but don’t put them in a specific directory.
- Create a new folder within the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose the script mod you want to download (these are typically marked with .net)
- Start the zipped Mod file then extract it time
- Paste and copy the content of your file to the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure to follow the guidelines to use the mod provided by the mod’s creator. The instructions is available at the best-modding.com page about the mod
After all these steps are complete After that, players are able to use mods at their own discretion after which they can begin to use mods GTA V. Read more like this.