The Universal Account Number (UAN) was initiated in 2014. Since then, the procedures related to EPF (Employees’ Provident Fund) have become faster and effortless. An employee requires the UAN to upload his KYC documents on the Employee Provident Fund Organization portal. Notably, the KYC full form is Know Your Customer. The members whose EPF account is tagged with UAN can access their EPF account member passbook.
An individual can upload his KYC documents by linking their Aadhar with their UAN. Now, an employee must compulsorily upload his KYC document. It is because the UAN portal quickly completes the procedures requiring your authentication when your KYC details are linked with the EPF. Also, UAN is needed for the member passbook.
Steps to Upload KYC in EPF UAN
Those who know the KYC full form, clearly understand the purpose of KYC. It is crucial for verification procedures by banks. At the UAN EPFO portal, the employees can effortlessly update their KYC details for EPF online. For updating the KYC information, an individual only requires his UAN credentials. Here are the steps to updating KYC in the EPF account:
- Step 1 – First of all, you have to log in to your EPF account via your UAN and password.
- Step 2 – After logging in successfully, you have to go to the Manage option, which you will find at the top menu bar.
- Step 3 – Next, from the drop-down menu that appears, you have to choose the KYC (KYC full form – Know Your Customer) option.
- Step 4 – On selecting the KYC option, the portal will redirect you to a new page that will show you a list of different Document Types with their respective against them. You are required to fill them up with the details of the specific documents.
- Step 5 – Next, click on the checkbox against the document type, which you want to update, and feed the Document Number and Name as per Document textboxes.
- Step 6 – After updating the document details, you are required to click on Save.
- Step 7 – After completing the above step, you can check the status of your KYC document under the column named KYC Pending for Approval. Once your document has been authenticated and confirmed by the employer, your document will be shown under the head – Digitally Approved KYC.
Once this is done, the portal will send you an SMS to confirm this modification.
Steps to Update the Contact Details in EPF Account
Other than updating their KYC details online on the EPFO portal, the employees can also modify or update their contact details. Here are the steps for updating contact details at the EPFO portal:
- Step 1 – First, you have to log in to the EPFO portal successfully via feeding your UAN and password.
- Step 2 – After logging in, in the Manage section on the page that appears, you have to select the Contact Details option.
Note – The mobile number and email address of an employee are already fed into his EPF account as they were asked at the time of initiating his EPF account.
- Step 3 – Next, you are required to select the box which appears next to the Change mobile number option or Change email ID option to update your respective details
- Step 4 – Then, you need to click on the Get Authorization Pin button. You will receive the authorisation pin on your mobile phone via SMS or email.
- Step 5 – You have to enter the authorisation pin on the page that appears, and your mobile number or email will get updated in your EPF account.
Some Points To Consider
An individual must consider some points while updating his KYC details on the EPFO UAN as mentioned below:
- When updating your KYC document information, you should ensure that you have provided the correct details from your KYC documents (like Aadhaar card, Passport, PAN, etc.).
- Once you upload your documents, the approval process by your employer takes around 2 to 3 days.
- Notably, you can check the balance of your EPF account at the member passbook portal. The UAN is required to access the PF member passbook.
The Government of India has compulsorily ordered the employees in our country to link their EPF accounts with Aadhaar cards and other KYC documents. By updating KYC, you will maintain your current data. Remarkably, EPFO members having their KYC details linked & verified with the portal get their transfers, claims, & withdrawals, etc., authorised faster. The point to remember is the members whose KYC details are embedded with the EPF UAN can only process the online withdrawal claims.
Stay connected and updated to the world with Tech Shady